INTRODUCTION AND BACKGROUND
The Africa Resource Centre (ARC) is a trusted, independent advisor to Ministries of Health, donors, implementation partners and the private sector to improve the capability of African governments to achieve their supply chain strategies sustainably to reach their national health objectives. ARC follows a government-led and patient-centric approach that supports ministries of health in coordinating the range of resources available to them to provide accessible, efficient and effective public health services. To improve the capability of African governments to achieve their supply chain strategies sustainably to reach their national health objectives.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship.
The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for the CEO and also serves as a liaison with the Board of Directors. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within an environment that is mission-driven, results-driven, and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations and will possess strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills.
The Executive Assistant reports directly to CEO and is expected to act as the first point of contact for all communication, to alert and to undertake a range of other administrative tasks as identified by the CEO & Board of Directors.
The ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities is imperative. The Executive Assistant must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. The individual will work remotely and be available for travel as required.
- Provide comprehensive support services to the CEO that ensures outstanding communication and responsiveness
- Provide sophisticated calendar management; prioritize inquiries and requests, troubleshoot conflicts with little guidance, make judgments and recommendations to ensure smooth day- to-day engagements
- Support the CEO with internal and external communications
- Conduct research and analysis on issues of interest to the CEO
- Support and manage a high-volume of requests and projects to meet the objectives of the CEO
- Manage all scheduling and travel logistics for the CEO
- Prepare and edit correspondence, presentations, reports, and other communication
- Complete expense reports and manage correspondence with donors where required
- Support the CEO in strategic communications, organizational strategy, and all other special projects as assigned
- Organize meetings and events for convenings, retreats, various board meetings, and other logistics
- Serve as a liaison to Board of Directors
- Maintain quality cloud filing and communications systems including contact management, document management, and cloud archiving
- Manage CEO’s social media accounts
- Support CEO with donor/funder relations
- Assist in other administrative tasks as needed
- Assist the CEO with the drafting of agendas and minutes for all Board meetings.
- Minute the meetings and circulate the draft minutes and matters arising to all Board members.
- Ensure accuracy of the minutes, type them out as soon as possible after the meeting, and submit them to the Board Chairperson(s) before circulation to members.
- Ensure that the minutes are signed by the Board and Chairperson(s) once they have been approved.
- Ensure all minutes are filed and stored as per the regulations.
- Recording detailed minutes is certainly an important skill and arguably one of the most critical responsibilities of any minute taker.
Experience | Skill & Qualifications | Key Competencies
The incumbent must have proficient experience as follows:
- Experience: 5+ years related work experience
- Experience in minute taking
- Familiarity with non-profit sector
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to take initiative, multi-task, be a team-player, be flexible, adapt to shifting priorities, and prioritize work
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent/fluent command of the ENGLISH & FRENCH language, additional languages bonus.
- Demonstrated writing and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills, commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to access a wide range of sources and networks for information
- Good judgment and ability to function independently
- Excellent working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, i.e. excellent PowerPoint & Excel, Google Suite, and social media web platforms
- Ability to manage up
- Experience with working with C-Suite Positions
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with diplomacy
- Highly experienced in electronic communications
- Professional personal presentation
- Customer service orientated
- Attention to detail
- Be flexible
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Excellent Team player
- Organising and planning
- Ability to multitask
- Should be of a smart appearance and articulate.
SKILL & QUALIFICATION
- Education tertiary qualification
- Excellent knowledge of MS office and any in-house system
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Minimum two to 5 years related experience; non-profit experience a plus
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and word processing.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise in a dynamic work environment.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Solid written and oral communication skills and excellent phone manner.
- Ability to develop effective work plans, organise details, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
Closing date: 9 September 2022
(Applicants who have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date may assume that their applications have been unsuccessful, and are hereby thanked for their interest).