INTRODUCTION AND BACKGROUND
ARC-Africa’s Public Health Supply Chain Institution is a continent-wide public health systems-strengthening institution that provides independent expert advisory and enablement services to African health ministries. ARC facilitates engagement between governments, donors and implementing partners with local experts, private sector and academic partners to catalyse innovative solutions to Africa’s public health systems. We also engage with regional communities and bodies to support the continental public health agenda.
ARC is seeking to employ a Financial Accountant starting March 2023. This an excellent career opportunity for a young, dynamic, suitably qualified candidate wanting to apply and grow their skills and experience as Financial Accountant reporting directly to the CFO.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· General Journal Processing salaries
· Bank Reconciliations
· Payments (International)
· Salary Payments processing
· Monthly Balance Sheet Recons
· Grant Monthly, Yearly Reporting, Year End Audit
· Year End Audit Preparation
· VAT Returns for all registered offices
· Budgets – alignment with Country Managers
· Fixed Assets Register
· Supplier Recons
· System Administration – Close and Open new period
· Adhoc requests as and when requests
· Minimum 2 years post articles experience.
· BCom Accounting Degree.
· Beneficial: Knowledge of Xero and Sage Accounting platforms
· Valid driver’s license and own transport
· Ability to communicate effectively and have excellent relational skills.
· Computer skills, including operating computerised accounting, spreadsheets etc.
· CIMA or SAIPA registration (Preferred)
· Sound knowledge of taxation legislation, IAS Standards, IFRS and Companies Act and company financial systems and procedures
· VAT requirements
· Understanding of the different financial reports and documents
· Ability to commute/relocate
Submissions for this vacancy will close on 25 January 2023.
Thank you for submitting your CV to Africa Resource Centre. We value your submission and try our utmost best to get back to each applicant. However, should your application be successful, we will be in contact with you. Should you not hear from us within two weeks of application, please consider your application as unsuccessful.