This position has been filled.
About the job
The Africa Resource Centre (ARC) is a trusted, independent advisor to Ministries of Health, donors, implementation partners and the private sector to improve the capability of African governments to achieve their supply chain strategies sustainably to reach their national health objectives. ARC follows a government-led and patient-centric approach that supports Ministries of Health in coordinating the range of resources available to them to provide accessible, efficient and effective public health services. To improve the capability of African governments to achieve their supply chain strategies sustainably to reach their national health objectives.
Establish oneself as Human Resources Officer through demonstration of competence and timely support of both managers and employees in the organisation.
HUMAN RESOURCES OPERATIONS AND POLICIES
- Develop and implement people development strategies, objectives and processes and facilitate their implementation through line management
- Make innovative recommendations for future professional human resources practices, in line with current legislation in each country in which the Company operates.
- Provide support on how to optimise the current HR operating model for the organisation
- Take responsibility for compliance to regulatory body
- Act as Human Resources Partner to line management
- Build people and operational plans to ensure readiness and capability of meeting changing business conditions
- Develop and implement an annual workplan for Human Resources strategy in line with the business plan. Ensure Human Resources plans support the needs of the business but are also flexible enough to cope with changes in the organisation, as and when they occur
- Manage operational information such as headcount and labour costs and provide information and reports on a regular basis
- In consultation with Senior Operations Manager, prepare and manage the HR budget
- Foster a high-performance culture – Human Resources Officer is expected to drive the performance management processes in the company:
- Ensuring that proper development plans are in place and that objectives are set and evaluated appropriately
- Serve as a consultant to line managers both in terms of rewarding and developing good performers and in helping manage low performance whenever needed.
RECRUITMENT AND SUCCESSION PLANNING
- Attract and retain the best people:
- As key point of support to the business, Human Resources is expected to deeply understand the staffing needs of the company, direct and advise and meet recruitment requirements in a timely and effective manner
- Human Resources is also responsible for proactively proposing employee retention initiatives, which should include, for example: individual career planning for key employees, recognition programs, compensation benchmarks vs local market and employer branding activities.
- Develop future leaders and functional expertise
Together with the line managers, execute the process of succession planning, identify internal talents and coordinate key recruitments where necessary to fill in the short and the long-term leadership pipeline of the company
CUSTOMER AND CLIENT RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- Manage internal and external relations with relevant stakeholders, service providers and other functions
- Manage all executive level relationships in terms of implementation, understanding and adherence to the provision of HR Services
- Develop and build strategic partnerships and opportunities to unlock business value or identify service enhancement
- Provide specialised advisory support services across all different levels within organisation
- Create and sustain high employee engagement:
- Apply high energy, innovation and ‘out-of-the-box’ thinking to establish and implement initiatives in order to keep employee engagement constantly high
- Promote open dialogue and communication:
- Build a culture of open, two-way dialogue and communication amongst all employees, and respond to constructive feedback.
- Lead regular staff meetings to communicate business goals, strategies, and results to all employees and manage local newsletters and intranet sites to provide information to employees
- Drive the process of developing ARC’s Employee Value Proposition.
- Through engagement with organisational leadership and research into cutting edge HR practice, establish what will transform ARC into being a preferred employer.
- Contribute to the overall success of the Company by driving and shaping the Human Resource’s function
- Contribute to general deliberation and decision making and ensure that leading edge human resources practices permeate the entire company
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree – this need not be in HR or Industrial Psychology.
- At least 5 years’ experience in in both human resources or operational roles
- Experience in recruitment, succession planning, retention and talent management, performance management employee engagement, industrial relations as well as training and development
- Experience in influencing senior managers, building strong commercial relationships and driving a Human Resources strategy
- Should have gained experience and an ability to work in a matrix structure or an very flat structured organisation
- Experience in project management will be advantageous
- Able to balance operational requirements with driving strategic imperatives
- Ability to work on own initiative and be pro-active, with a can-do attitude
- Demonstrate professionalism and gravitas
- Commercial flair, strong drive and energy
- Able to work well under pressure
- Leadership skills demonstrated through an ability to handle conflicts and changes in an organisation
- Be able to build up networks (internal and external)
- Above average oral and written communication skills
- Able to deal with ambiguity
- Agile, innovative and visionary, questioning in his/her approach with the ability to continuously seek to improve the status quo through his/her actions and influence
- Resilient when faced with challenges
- Ability to work with a global team and a sensitivity to cultural nuances
Closing date: 15 January 2022
(Applicants who have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date may assume that their applications have been unsuccessful, and are hereby thanked for their interest).